Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage – for DHA License (Internationally Recognized)
10 week program 6 hrs a week plus home study 84hrs
This ITEC International Level 3 Certificate in Massage is a highly recognised Qualification that enables students to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to successfully provide excellent Massage treatments with confidence. Learners will be able to perform treatments to the general public and gain employment in the beauty industry.
This Internationally Recognized International Level 3 Certificate in Massage is a highly recognised Qualification that enables students to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to successfully provide excellent Massage treatments with confidence. Learners will be able to perform treatments to the general public and gain employment in the beauty industry.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 3, It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 4.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the beauty therapy industry. The qualification consists of 1 mandatory unit with a total of 84 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Body massage – to include consultation, identifying skin types, general body types, different types of fat and common postural faults and contra-indications, selecting suitable massage mediums for the client’s skin type such as oil, cream or powder, classical massage movements, mechanical massage, pre-heat treatments and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs The learner will also develop knowledge about client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the massage treatments outlined above effectively, in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect whether a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a massage therapist
Opportunities for progression
Once learners have achieved the Level 3 Award in Body Massage they may progress on to other or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or 3 for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Massage Therapies
- Diploma in Spa management
- Level 3 Diploma in Epilation
- Level 2 certificate in Facial skincare
Opportunities for employment
- Beauty salon
- Hotel or resort
- Health club
- Cruise ships
- Own business