Level 3 Diploma In Massage Therapies (Internationally Recognized)
28 week program 7 hours a week program, plus home study 300 hrs
This ITEC International Level 3 Diploma in Massage is a highly recognised Qualification that enables students to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to successfully provide excellent Massage treatments with confidence. Learners will be able to perform treatments to the general public and gain employment in the beauty industry.
This Internationally Recognized Level 3 Diploma in Massage is a highly recognised Qualification that enables students to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to successfully provide excellent Massage treatments with confidence. Learners will be able to perform treatments to the general public and gain employment in the beauty industry.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 3, It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 4.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the massage industry. The qualification consists of 4 mandatory units and 1 additional optional elective unit.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Consultation techniques – to include understanding the needs of clients and when and when not to treat them, identifying general body types and skin types, different types of fat and common postural faults, contra-indications, explaining possible contra-actions and providing aftercare and home care
- Health, safety and hygiene – contextualized to the environment in which the learner is working Body massage techniques – to include selecting a suitable massage medium for the client’s skin type, classical massage movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs The learner will also develop knowledge about current legislation and working practice requirements and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the massage skills listed above effectively, in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of complementary therapies
- Knowledge and understanding of business practice in a complementary therapies context
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage setting such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a massage therapist
Opportunities for progression
Once learners have achieved the Level 3 Diploma in Massage Therapies they may progress on to other or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or 3 for example:
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialist
- Level 3 Diploma in Epilation
- Diploma in spa management
- Level 2 certificate in Facial skincare
Opportunities for employment
There are opportunities for massage therapists to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Complementary health clinics
- Primary health trusts
- Beauty salons
- Cruise ships
- Hotels or resorts
- Own clinic